Our Lil Darlins

Saturday, March 03, 2007

Miracle Babies

Read an article in the newpaper..Abt prematured babies born below 22 weeks..That is equivalent to 4 mths only..How can ppl or to be precised de papers callin these babies miracle babies..R they really miracle babies???

Had a talked wif hubby abt it..I'm not de type that 'Eh dont talk bad things when u r pregnant'..I mean its juz a discussion n I juz want to know wat my hubby thinks..Of coz I dont want to wish such things to happen to my baby but I think its good to think abt such sudden situation...I mean,we r juz human who can only hope for de best..So I asked him on wat will he do if his own flesh n blood is born prematured below 22 weeks??

Most prematured babies that survive r mostly above 28 weeks n still need to be put in de incubator..De two 'miracle' babies, amillia n millie, both r below 22 weeks.Amillia developed heart problems n blood pressure, de skin is too thin that it is easily ripped n she has mild brain haemorrhage.If she is to survive, she really is a miracle baby.I mean my late mother-in-law died due to brain haemorrhage. Can a little baby survive that? Millie on de other hand is on life-support system..

So wat was hubby's ans? He said,he wont want to let de baby suffer..I questioned him whether is it an ethical way to do?? He answered back by askin,why let de baby suffer?Its true wat he said.Berat mata memandang,berat lagi bahu yg memikul..I too agree wif wat de writer wrote..She gave birth to a prematured baby,1.5kg only.Her hospital bill came up to $11k n she mentioned abt bringin up prematured babies will be a financial burden..I know that when its a matter of life n death of de love ones,money is not an issue..n we shldnt see it as a burden..but if Amillia or Millie,survive, they will grow up to develop more complications along de way..For sure if I'm a rich tai-tai,I dont mind but if I'm juz a middle-income family I haf lots of thinkin to do I guess..But I remembered a heart touchin story my sister told me abt her fren...A single-mom who has a son who is at home,bedridden n on a life-support system...De son,a normal baby but somewhere along de way when he was ard kindergarten age I think, de son's lungs collapsed or wat one day n till now he is still in coma n clinging to de life-support system...I really admire such ppl...I mean,u definately haf to be strong in de first place to face ur child everyday...To see ur child state,hooked up, n not forgettin de bills...I dont even know whether I can be in her shoes if that is my child...That is really against all odds story..Wat I can juz hope is that God give me de strength when I need it...

So far,Alhamdullillah, both our kids came out after stayin more than 40 weeks inside their mummy's womb..As for this third one,I'm juz hopin de baby will be a healthy baby,juz like de brother n sister..I juz pray that he or she will come out pink,healthy n chubby..Insya'allah..Amin..