Our Lil Darlins

Tuesday, December 23, 2008

5 Reasons To Love/Hate London...

Done wif Manchester, now let me give u my 5 reasons on why u should love/hate London...

5 reasons to love London...

1. De metro...very well linked...tak payah nak cross over or wat so ever to go to a different metro unlike KL, where u need to walk quite a distance to change to a different metro...also 95% of the metro have lift which we used whenever we used the metro...

2.De halal food...very much easier to find in London compared to Manchester...mcm bersepah2 gitu...tapi biasalah 1st day slalu tak jumpa...

3.De culture...u dont even feel like u are in London coz u can see Asians every corner u go...my dad sempat tegur 2 minah Brunei yg tgh jln ketawa2...terperanjat minah2 tu biler dgr orang tegur ckp Melayu...but de most Asian community u r likely to see most of de time are de Indians(including Banglas,nie Bangla2 yg dah 'upgrade' workplace,from Msia-London sebab tu pandai ckp Melayu)...I even tell my family members that I think being in London makes u think that u r in Seranggoon Rd...even masa kat Heathrow Starbuck, the ppl behind de counter are like 90% Indians...but de only diff u can differentiate them is that de ppl there speak British English instead of Indian English...

4.The historical buildings and sites...history lesson on the move...especially for those of u who are into history lesson...I like history so I dont really mind even if I have to go to a Westminster Abbey tour...

5.Last on my list is of coz shopping...well u can say that we r kind of fortunate to go there when pound is slowly crumbling down...so it was like shopping madness for me especially... but I dont think it will be a shopping heaven if the currency was de same like 2yrs ago when one dollar = 3 pounds...

5 reasons to hate London...

1. Weather...it was constantly raining...so we actually went thru 2 days of wetness and only 1 day of dryness out of our 4 days 3 nites there.

2.The currency...eventhou it was a shopping heaven for goods especially luxury goods but not really for food...2 pound for a bottle of coke is equivalent to $4.50 which is like...Wooohh...

3.The metro doors n lift...do not take your own sweet time...make sure u r on ur guard or on ur mark de moment ur station approaches coz de door will not wait for u...kalo masih nak terhengeh-hengeh...wif de rushing commuters...nampak gaya korang tak turunlah or naik metro tu...abt de lift pulak...kecik nak mampus lift2 kat sana...dahlah stroller kiter panjang...I think we occupied 1/2 of de lift most of de time...bukan kecik aje, it takes ages for de lift to move from level 1 to level 2...punyalah lembab...and get this,there is no close button for u to press,once u r inside de lift,u press de level and wait till de lift door close which is also sooo slow...

4.The impatience...people were like running here...running there...even the cars,cabs and buses... my mom was honked by a stationery bus...just becoz de bus is ready to move off kirakan boleh honk orang sesuka hati...kasilah orang tua jalan dulu...they r totally different from Manchester...in Manchester, it is easy for us to move coz 3 days in Manchester, cars/cabs and buses actually stopped for us and let us move/cross even when we were jaywalking...

5.The hotels...super damn expensive small room and old!!! Ok I like de hotel outer look...it has de victorian architecture...we stayed at Sussex Garden where most of de buildings there are victorian style...just becoz its near Oxford Rd plus near Paddington stiation but I still think that they overcharged us for the rooms...and it was funny how the management arranged us in such a way that my father ended up staying in a single room at the 4th floor while my mom and sis stayed in another room also single...while my eldest sister wif her hubby got a big room but with 4 beds(really spacious enuff for rolling-rolling) bt also at de 4th floor...ok before anyone else start asking why let my eldest sis n hubby get the bigger room and not my father or me? Ok let me explain...Victorian buildings do not have lift in them...my mom has weak legs and its not possible for her to climb up and down...while us, we were supposed to get de room at de 4th floor bt it is a single room!!...dahlah de stairs up was small and really steep...not a good place to stay rite when u have to drag an extra large luggage plus a stroller and 3 young kids...pulak tu single room...mcm mana nak longgok semua kat dalam dah...jadi begitulah nasib kentang kiter semasa di London...luckily for de 1st 2 days...kiter tinggal kat rumah kawan my bro-in-law...walaupun jauh ke dalam sikit but much better then de hotel we stayed at...

So there u have it...my 5 reasons to love/hate London...eventhou I have 5 hate reasons for London unlike Manchester...but I would still love to come back again...or better still live there(which my hubby said no!!!)...I mean kalau Bangla bole 'upgrade' keje,meaning dulu keje kat Msia now big money kat London why not us...but it is still a no from him...darn it!!!

But why I like London,maybe becoz I like de diversity found in London which makes me wanna return there some day...maybe in 10 years time I'll make my return trip...mcm betul aje eh...tapi insya'allah...