Our Lil Darlins

Wednesday, December 03, 2008

A Mother's Love...

A young mother came knocking at our door today...she looked sad,weak and desperate...

De mother had been knocking from door to door asking for help,but was turned away...no money or shelter was asked...eventhou she was hungry,she didnt want de food that we offered(she said she'll wait for her husband as he might be bringing food)...

She was just asking for milk powder for her lil fella that was fast asleep...

De lil fella was sleeping...just one word could best describe de lil fella's face...serenity... seeking warmth from de mother...not knowing what is happening around him/her...not knowing that theres no shelter for him/her to live in...not knowing that he/she is living in uncertainty...

I feel sad after learning that both mother and child are living under a void deck near Punggol Plaza...de pram becomes de baby's bed at nite...while both parents just sleep on cardboards...

After she left, I asked hubby, did we give her enough? Was de milk powder and nestum enough to sustain de baby's needs? How I wish we could allow de baby to stay with us but by doing that we might need to allow the parents to stay with us which we do not want too or we might create new problems...but I just feel sad and worry for de baby's well-being...for now, I can just pray for de baby's well-being aje...