Our Lil Darlins

Sunday, April 05, 2009

I feel like chicky tonite...!!!

My princezz is down with the chicky virus. She's covered with calamine lotion at the moment. As I was cutting my princezz hair one Sunday morning,lo n behold!!! I saw which I think is the 'mother' or some say it's the 'eye'. As parents,we were quite ignorant jugaklah about this chicken pox thingy. Due to old age,hubby could not recalled how it looked like, he even brushed it off saying that it is just rashes..I took her temperature, no fever...feeling slightly relievelah kan...I wasn't a much help when it comes to chicky virus,u may even say hopeless as i've never experience de chicky situation before. Well my happiness was shortlived when a visit from our friendly neighbour,that is my bro in law,comfirmed that my princezz is down with chicken pox...Brought her to our family doctor. There my lil princezz developed quite a high fever,from 35.3 in the morning, her temperature went up to 38.7 in the afternoon...now her 'spots' are getting more and its even bigger...she's starting to scratch...

I've been feeling sad since yesterday whenever I apply calamine lotion on her...kesian tgk dia ada bintat2 besar satu badan,especially her back...her sad and frail look just doesnt help soothe my sadness...the calamine lotion make her look whitish...now she is our poor snow white...but today some of de spots are appearing on her legs which mom said is a good thing meaning her chicken pox is 'going down' tgh turun...I'm given 14days to look after her tapi how to take 14 days dah...juz took one day off today to see how the reaction on her...so far she's ok not so cranky...furthermore since my youngest sis is down with chicken pox too..they can look after each other...which is kind of funny, we dont really know who infected who coz both got it on de same day itself...

Anyway I'm also very worried at the moment for my other two boys and myself...coz for de past 20+ years of age I'm like a stranger to this disease...tak pernah kena chicken poxlah...kalau dah tua2 nie kena orang kata lagi teruk...lagi gatal...been starting to become a bit paranoid...nampak bintat kat saper2 ke or diri sendiri aje I start asking hubby..."Papa, do u think this is chicken pox?" And guess wat dearest hubby said? "Its just rasheslah mama..."